Sounds great! https://t.co/ZM9Xglo5TJ
Confused about healthy eating? Join a group of friendly practical dietitians, foodies, teachers and chefs each month for a chat on Twitter. Called EatKit, we meet online on the third Wednesday of the month for a moderated conversation on a range of nutrition and cooking topics from good oils to encouraging kids to eat right.
What is Eatkit?
A monthly moderated conversation on Twitter for people interested in food and nutrition. The hour-long chat is a virtual venue to discuss the latest headlines, new studies, controversial topics and issues related to the food we eat. The chats will be moderated by myself or Emma Stirling or another accredited practicing dietitian (ADP). Occasionally we invite a special guest or author to lead the discussion.
Questions will be asked by the moderator (Q1, Q2, Q3, etc.) and participants can respond to questions (A1, A2, A3), add comments or RT other answers.
- Check in on this page each month to find out the topic for the coming month.
- Search for #EatKit on Twitter to read latest links
The chat is open to everyone — you don't have to be a dietitian or health professional. Anyone interested in food and nutrition can take part, and various viewpoints are welcome. The chats will primarily focus on nutrition, but will also touch on various aspects of social media, including blogging, use of Twitter, etc. If you have a blog or a website, that's great. You don't need one to be involved. The only requirement to participate is a Twitter account. If you missed the live tweeting, you'll be able to find the monthly conversations archived on ScoopNutrition or Foodwatch.
EatKit is held monthly on the third Wednesday of each month from 9 pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (Sydney & Melbourne time which is GMT+10) or 8.30 ACST (Adelaide) or 6pm AWST (Perth). In summer, we move to AEDST or Daylight Saving time. - the clock advances one hour.
Eatkit time in other world time zones
- USA Pacific 2am (Wed), Mountain 3am (Wed), Central 4am (Wed), Eastern 5am (Wed)
- UK London 10am (Wed)
- EU Paris, Rome 11am (Wed)
- RSA Johannesburg 12noon (Wed)
- UAE Dubai 2pm (Wed)
- Japan Tokyo 7pm (Wed)
- Hong Kong, Beijing 6pm (Wed)
- The chat happens live on Twitter and you can join in at any time during the hour. Simply log on to your Twitter account and you can use any of these options to help you manage the conversations.
- One option, go to http://www.search.twitter.com and type in #EatKit. Only the tweets that include that hashtag (#) will appear.
- If you use Tweetdeck or Hootsuite, start a column for #EatKit. Only tweets that are tagged with #EatKit will appear in that column.
- There are several other programs you can use that are specifically designed for chats. We used to use www.tweetchat.com, but it was disbanded in June 2013 as was www.tweetgrid.com. We now use Twubs at http://twubs.com/eatkit.
- All you have to do is log on to one of those programs. When prompted, type in #EatKit and you’ll only see tweets that include that hashtag. It allows you to see the fast-paced conversation happening in real time. You use it just like Twitter eg reply, comment, retweet, etc. All of your tweets will automatically be tagged with #EatKit.
- This is an open chat of a general nature. It is not intended to be a place to ask for medical advice or personal health problems. If you need advice for an individual medical issue, we suggest you make an appointment with an accredited practicing dietitian (APD) or your health care professional.
- We value openness and transparency. If we mention products by brand, this does not imply an endorsement of any kind from our EatKit group. If you work for or act as consultant or ambassador, please declare your interest so we can listen to what you say within that context.
If you have additional questions or comments, send a Direct Message (DM) to us via Twitter to either @EmmaStirling or @Foodwatch.