- Ready In: Overnight to soak + 10 minutes
- Prep Time: Overnight to soak + 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 0 minutes
- Serves: 4 Makes 3 cups or 750g
This famous oat breakfast makes a delicious way to take in the goodness of both oats and fruit. It makes a filling breakfast - nice on those mornings when you don't want hot oats.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- ¾ cup milk or soy drink
- 1 large apple
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 cups diced or sliced fresh fruit (rockmelon, banana, kiwi fruit, orange, blueberries or strawberries are good)
- 2 tablespoons flaked or slivered almonds
1. Soak oats and sultanas in milk for 2 to 3 hours or preferably overnight.
2. In the morning, when you're ready to serve, grate the whole apple including its skin. Squeeze lemon juice over and mix. Add to the oat mixture with yoghurt and mix all ingredients well to combine.
3. Divide mixture between 4 bowls. Arrange fresh fruit over. Top with almonds.
Chopped pecans or walnuts team well with fruit and oats. Add 2 tablespoons chopped dried apricots or prunes to the raw oats before soaking and skip the fresh fruit. Any dried fruit works well.