@Handan_80 Sure. I hav a whole post devoted to it. Basically kilojoules are the metric equivalent of Calories. Search on Foodwatch for more.
Catherine reviews many new foods, supplements and dietary products for no payment. It's part of her role as a nutritionist and dietitian as it helps shoppers understand the pros and cons before they buy. However, if you have a product you would like Catherine to review, why not request a Sponsored Product Review?
- As reviewing products is time-intensive, we charge $1000+GST per Review. Please note this does NOT guarantee you a favourable Review.
- If you would also like a précis of the review of your product added to our Newsletter (which has over 12,000 subscribers) as well as Twitter links (over 7,000 followers) and Instagram (over 1,500 followers), that service is available for an extra $500+GST.
The benfits to you
- Associated with a well-known and highly-regarded nutrition expert.
- Your Review stays forever on the Foodwatch site.
- Searchable by Google and other search engines; the Foodwatch site has been around since 1996 and ranks well on Google - so your review quickly appears on page one of Search Results.
- Permanent links back to your website or product page.
- Pack shots - 3 guaranteed, but often more depending on how photographable your product is.
- Full Nutrition Information Panels and Ingredient Lists so my readers can see everything.
- Honest and practical assessment from someone sensible and moderate.
Let my readers FALL IN LOVE with your product.
To request a Review
Please contact us and put REVIEW in the subject line. We'd love to hear from you. We have accredited dietitians waiting to review your product or service. We will email you the request form and details of where to post or courier your product.
Foodwatch Review Criteria
Catherine's Reviews have four main areas – nutrition, convenience, taste and sustainability. Nutrition is our big thing so it gets a score out of 20, then Taste, Convenience and Sustainability each get a score out of 10. This gives an overall score out of 50 to earn a Foodwatch Apple rating.
Foodwatch Apples range from 0 Apples (a terrible score) up to 10 Apples (brilliant).
Want more? To read the detail on our criteria, please click here.
Examples of sponsored reviews
Since 2008, my team and I have carried out close to 100 Product Reviews covering most new foods from coconut yoghurt (co-yo) to konjac no-calorie noodles to Up 'n' Go liquid breakfasts. We've now got the best and fairest method and taste-test! See these examples:
For Poppin Pods fresh herbs in mini-pots:
For Woolworths Michelle Bridges Delicious Nutritious range of frozen dinners:
For Made For You Frozen Dinners for people with diabetes:
Read my 10 most popular reviews
10. Rice Bran Oil
Contact me to discuss a review of your product.