Try this easy pasta recipe when you need a quick dinner and all you've got in the cupboard is a can of salmon and some fusilli or penne pasta. It's low GI (good for diabetes), low in saturated fat and high in those helpful omega-3s.
1 serve (including a generous serve of salad) contains 2550 kJ (610 calories), 13 g fat (includes 3 g saturated fat), 90g carbohydrate (including 5g sugars), 8 g fibre, 295 mg sodium. Read our nutrition rating system.
1. Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling water, following packet instructions. Drain the pasta well and set aside, keeping warm.
2. Heat a large frying pan on high. Spray with oil. Sauté the tomatoes and garlic for a minute then stir in the salmon, cream and lemon juice.
3. Lower the heat and simmer gently for 2-3 minutes, stirring from time to time, until the mixture has thickened slightly.
4. Toss the sauce through the hot pasta with the spinach leaves. Serve topped with chives and a little parmesan.
5. Accompany with a tossed leaf salad.