This is a kind of pavlova topped with fruit, but the base is made from ricotta, rather than egg whites and sugar.
- 2 cups (500 g) ricotta cheese (11% fat)
- 1/3 cup chopped mixed dried fruit (sultanas, currants and raisins)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (dark or milk)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- To serve:
- pulp of 2 passionfruit
- fresh strawberries, raspberries, kiwifruit, grapes or other fresh fruit
Nutrition per serve
825 kilojoules (197 Calories), 8 g fat (including 5 g saturated fat), 26 g carbohydrate (including 8 g sugars), 2 g fibre and 200 mg sodium
Read our nutrition rating system
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Combine the ricotta, fruit, chocolate, egg, honey and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Mix together well.
- Spray a 20 x 30 cm (8 x 12 inch) cake tin with cooking spray, or line a baking tray with baking paper. Spread the ricotta mixture into the tin, or form a round shape on the tray.
- Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes or until firm. Allow to cool.
- Once cool, remove from tin and slice into 8 squares. To serve, stack two squares onto each serving plate and drizzle with passionfruit pulp. Scatter with seasonal fresh fruit.
- Extra fruit to serve is not included in the nutrition information below.
- Leftover baked ricotta can be wrapped in plastic wrap and stored in the refrigerator.