@Handan_80 Sure. I hav a whole post devoted to it. Basically kilojoules are the metric equivalent of Calories. Search on Foodwatch for more.
- Ready In: 5 mins
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cooking Time: Nill
- Serves: 4
I've finally joined the kale fad AND the smoothie fad with this thick green smoothie using the green stuff. It's filling and nutritious - just drink it down as soon as it's made as it will settle upon standing. No way around this!
- 2 cups coconut water or cold water
- 3-4 cups chopped kale
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and diced
- 1 banana, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks (approx 80g)
- 2 cm piece of peeled ginger root
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Handful of fresh mint leaves
- 4 ice cubes
Nutrition per serve
Per serve: 442 Kilojoules (105 Calories), 1g fat (including 0.2g saturated fat), 18g carbohydrate, 17g sugar, 5g fibre, 76mg sodium. Read our nutrition rating system.
1. In a blender, place coconut water or water, add kale. Whirl for 30-40 seconds or until thick and combined.
2. Add remaining ingredients and blend to a smooth consistency.
3. Serve chilled with ice cubes and mint sprigs.
Recipe developed by dietitian Airlie Lacey
No kiwi fruit? Substitute 1 cup pineapple pieces or 1 pear
More fruity taste? Swap the kiwi fruit for 1/2 cup berries
No kale? Swap for English spinach or silverbeet (chard) or 2 teaspoons spirulina
Too thick? Use half the quantity of kale and/or half a banana