Breakfast is imp for school kids and factory workers where memory & concentration is important.
- Ready In: 10 minutes + 2 hours to marinate
- Prep Time: 10 minutes + 2 hours to marinate
- Cooking Time: 0
- Serves: 8
Here’s my idea of a quick ‘sauce’ that can be dolloped over slow-cooked lamb or barbecued lamb cutlets. It also really lifts roasted eggplant to a whole new level. What’s more with yoghurt as the star, it’s also healthy and easy. I like recipes that require a minimal amount of effort and don’t chain me to the kitchen for hours. This is definitely one of those!
- 500g tub plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 small cucumber, grated including the peel
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Juice of ½ lemon (1-2 tablespoons juice)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
Nutrition per serve
230kJ (55 calories), 4g protein, 3g fat (including 2g saturated fat), 4g carbohydrate (including 3g sugars), <1g fibre and 50mg sodium.
1. Stir together yoghurt, grated cucumber, garlic, lemon juice, dill and pepper in a bowl. Mix well to combine.
2. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours to allow the flavours to develop.
3. Spoon into a serving bowl and use as needed.
From the Fit, Fab and 50 Cookbook by Dairy Australia
You can get the full downloadable version of Fit, Fab & 50 as well as Fabulous You (targeting all women – not just 50+). You’ll find recipes from many well-known cooks, chefs and nutritionists, as well as mine.