- Ready In: 30 mins
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cooking Time: 15 mins
- Serves: 8 as a side
Use quinoa as the base but enliven it with the stronger flavours of cranberries, mint, parsley, onion and pistachio nuts. It's a winner!
- ¾ cup quinoa
- ½ cup (100 g) dried cranberries
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber, cut lengthwise, deseeded and diced
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves roughly chopped
- ½ cup pistachio, roughly chopped
- For the dressing:
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Freshly-ground black pepper
Nutrition per serve
900 kilojoules (215 calories), 12g fat (including 2g saturated fat), 20g carbohydrate (including 10g sugars), 4g fibre and 20mg sodium.
- Place quinoa and 1 ½ cups cold water in a saucepan over high heat. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until water has absorbed. Drain. Rinse. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add in cranberries, diced cucumber, parsley, mint and pistachios. Before serving, pour over dressing and toss well to combine.
- To make dressing: Place lemon juice and oil in a screw-top jar. Season with pepper. Secure lid. Shake to combine.
If you haven’t cranberries, use currants or sultanas.
Instead of pistachios, other nuts can be used – almonds or pecans are nice. Sunflower seeds also work well here.